I have been exploring so much lately (pictures here and on my instagram), it is so fun checking out new places and discovering that this place is so much more than a concrete jungle! I wore this knit sweater the other day (on sale only $16!), it is perfect for Fall to throw on over anything and it comes in great staple colors. I also love this one and this one. Which item do you love for Fall?
When packing for New York you are obviously going to bring all of the essentials; your camera, cute outfits and weather appropriate clothing. But when you are out sightseeing, you are not going to want to let an uncharged phone or blister slow you down. So I rounded up 6 essential items you’ll want to pack for your trip.
1. Selfie Stick – When you are on Top of the Rock, in Times Square or Rockerfeller Center what better way to make sure you can fit all your friends and the incredible backdrop all in the same frame? It’s lightweight and fits perfectly in a purse.
2. Portable Phone Charger – Let’s face it, your phone is your map, travel guide, subway guide, restaurant guide, camera, etc. So it will likely not make it through the entire day with all of your use.
3. Flats – I cannot stress this enough! Everyone says to bring comfortable shoes, but you need really comfy ones that don’t rub your feet for all of the walking you will be doing.
4. Another Pair of Flats – Yes this needs it’s own line item! I tell everyone who visits me that you need two different types of flats. Your first comfortable pair may start to rub, so you’ll want a different comfy pair that hits your feet in a different way.
5. A Great Clutch – It is the Fashion Capital of the World right? So when you throw on a pair of pumps and hit the town for dinner, you’ll want a great clutch to wear out.
6. A Crossbody Bag – I love crossbody bags (see ones I wore here and here) especially for travel to have your hands free.
I have to admit, after a week in New York my feet are starting to kill me! I’ll spare you the details (you’re welcome), but let’s just say that these flip flops I picked up are my new best friend. They are padded and don’t rub my feet at all when walking several blocks. It’s no secret I love pink (seen here and here), so in the same trip I picked up this hot pink tank which is… ahem, only $30, so naturally I picked it up in a few colors! Which shoes make your feet happy campers?
That’s right! I’m one of NYC newest residents. I had a job transfer to NYC after living in Newport Beach, CA for three years (no blogging is not my full time job!). Although it’s a big change, I’m excited to be here and connect more with designers and my readers. On my Life page I’ll be sharing more about my life, experiences, advice and more! What are some of your favorite things to do or places to go in New York City?
I have an affinity for summer print dresses (my two previous favorites here and here) and crossbody bags like this one. My friend Dani and I took the train out to Southampton and we went straight to Main Street where we shopped and enjoyed lunch at 75 Main. I picked up this sunhat for sun protection (I’m kind of a nut about that!). After the beach we had a quick dinner at the Southampton Social Club before catching the train back to the city. What’s your favorite summer day trip?